December 04, 2010

Lets give this another go

After over a year going by and not a single post I figured why not give it a try one more time. My life seems to have taken a different road since I was last posting. I have since gotten married, taken pattern design classes at my local community college, designed and made many new pieces including my wedding dress, started a cafe press page for my Big Body Hottie design and gained back some confidence I had lost. I feel like my life is on a good path and I might as well blog about my challenges and triumphs along the way.

So many girls I know are starting fat fashion blogs, which I love, but I don't want to join that club. Ever since I started sewing a couple years ago I get
more excited over pieces I make and fabric I buy than clothes I see online or at the mall. Don't get me wrong I still want so many lovely pieces, but now days I look at the garment and examine it's structure, lines and draping. So now rather than save for buying a special frock that won't end up fitting me anyway, I will just make it.

I won't post my recent projects just yet, but I will post this picture I found on a friends facebook page. I feel it suits me well.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way- I look at things online or in stores and think "I could make that in a better fabric and have it actually fit". I just need to get to the actual making part. *sigh* Your work is inspiring, though.

    ReplyDelete