April 28, 2011

This Zipper Will Work When Pigs Fly

I bought some fabric off Ebay a while back and loved it so much that I put in for another order right away.  I made a shrug pattern the other day and knew I wanted to use this adorable flying pig fabric and maybe even make some matching panties.  I took some pink jersey knit I had from a long time ago to line the hood and make the cuffs on the arm.  But when I went to put the zipper on I encountered a problem.  One side of the shrug would stretch and not match up.  I redid the zipper 3 times and it only ended up making it worse.  I may try again with another cut of fabric and pray once again to the sewing gods, that seemed to work last time. ;)   The mini shrug itself didn't turn out too bad as a whole.  As long as you can't see the bottom of the zipper where it doesn't match perfectly.  I'm keeping it for myself since I don't mind the mistake and using it for a set for my modeling along with the matching sexy panties I made.  Here are a couple of pictures of me in the shrug hoodie.  I love it sooo much!  WAAHH!  Why won't it just effing work?





8 comments:

  1. well, it looks super cute! I'm sorry it's not working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH cute!!! I hate working with stretch fabric grr. Have you tried putting in a hand pecked zipper? You get more control over the fabric that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing of zippers, but that is a hella cute-ass shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I want, I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are gorgeous & very talented.
    However, i don't think your weight is healthy.
    You are a young girl & being over weight does lead to health complications.
    Excepting your curves doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to get healthy.
    I don't know you, so maybe u do lead a healthy lifestyle & i could be wrong. But i think its important for curvy girls like us to recognize that their needs to be a balance. This is a message to all curvy girls, if we want to lead long lives fully of fabulousness, we need to take care of ourselves too.
    Otherwise, you are a true crafting inspiration and you are totally stunning. Red lips are a great look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for share...徵信社

    ReplyDelete