December 05, 2011

Size Queen at Fat Fancy

When I heard about the Size Queen fashion show being put on at Fat Fancy, I knew this was an event I really couldn't miss.  For some lame reason I missed the last fashion show put on by these local companies and I was not going to miss this one.  My lovely friend and fat fashion enthusiast Dani and I were each others date for the night out.
I did however have a secret agenda for going to this event besides just seeing Bertha's new creations for Size Queen.  I wanted to show off some of my own goods whilst mingling with some of Portland's fat fashionistas.  So my outfit consisted of this:





OOTN- 
Shirt- Gisela Ramirez Crop Top
Skirt- Chubby Cartwheels (I made)
Leggings- Chubby Cartwheels 
Shoes- Payless
Studded Suspenders- Hot Topic
Brass Knuckles Necklace & Pyramid Ring- Chubby Cartwheels

In case you didn't realize it, wearing a shirt anywhere with the lettering F*CK on it will get you a lot of attention.  But what caught peoples eyes the most was my ring.  The owners of Fat Fancy seemed to loved it.  They asked me where I got it and when I told them I made them they asked me if I could make more to sell in their shop.  Keeping calm on the outside I replied, "of course."  But on the inside I was bursting with smiles. 

Back to the fabulous fashion show!  My favorite piece was by far the little black hologram dress  combined with ripped fishnets and combate boots.  A lot of her pieces have a 90's feel/look.  Almost as though some of them walked out of Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion (one of my favorite movies).


My little purse friendly camera does not take great photos.  It does however  take decent video.   So here are some screen grabs from the videos I took!















I also put together a little video from the show.







2 comments:

  1. I won one of those F*ck Flattering tops and can't wait for it to come. You rock it! I love your hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... You've got an amazing plus size wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete