January 27, 2012

Gift Card Goodness!

Today's OoTD post is brought to you by Hubster Mcgee!  Yes, Ben bought me a gift card to Fabric Depot for my birthday back in December and I went the other week with my lovely friend Nicole to spend it.  I brought my 40% off a cut of fabric coupon so I to find a great deal.  As soon as we reached my favorite section, activewear, I knew it must be mine!  Stretch crushed velvet in a deep red with cream polka dots.  It was like fabric cream dream.  Done and done, it was mine.  I managed to get 3 yards for 23 dollars using my coupon and with my $20 dollar gift card I only spent $3 of my own dollars.

Once I got home I looked through my pattern folders for the perfect way to use this fabric.  It screamed 90's to me so the only possible answer was a babydoll dress.   So yesterday when I had a whole free day to myself, I spent 6 straight hours working on it while watching Spaced, Misfits and Sherlock.  This dress is infused with british comedic energy.

So here is the final product!  I am rather proud of it and can't wait to wear it out!


OoTD Details-

Dress- I made
Necklace- I made (tutorial here)
Ring- I made
Belt- I made
Purse- Stupidiotic.com
Tights- OneStopPlus
Shoes- Payless
Headband- Gifted
Lipstick- Diva  by MAC Cosmetics


















16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the print, fabric and pattern you chose. If I could sew this is like the first thing I'd make. :)

    Also, that bag is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Its amazing! Very talented lady :)
    http://jellybellyfrocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is adorable, and it looks really cute on you. Plus your hair is epic love.^^

    -Crystal
    http://lolitafatshion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so foxy! I love this dress and I love that you were watching all that when you were making it, lol! Well done for getting your dots straight, I keep looking at that fabric and thinking it must be a bit of a mission to work with? Great job :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented. That color is amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing, well done! And I approve of your TV choices as well (Spaced is one of my absolute faves). If you ever feel like selling this dres son your blog I'll be first in line :D xx

    pocketrocketfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. معجب بذلك و
    وشكرا

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love! It looks a bit Alice In Wonderland to me. I want your hair, grr! And the bag is amazeballs.

    justmeleah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that VELVET? A VELVET RED POLKA DOT DRESS?
    I.. I can't even.

    It's TOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurry up and make my shiz lady! Velvet? Red? Polka dots? You did good! FABULOUS!

    http://diamonds-n-pearls-fat-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are absolutely STUNNING!!! On top of that, so talented. I often wish I could make my own clothes - as a fat person it's so difficult to find cute clothes. Maybe I should resolve to learn........

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dress and purse.
    You're pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just fell in love with that dress! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ..........that bag! Genius !

    ReplyDelete