January 10, 2012

New Years New Look- Outfit Post

So this post is a bit late but I needed to wait till we had nice weather again before I could take the pictures outside of my snazzy digs.  This was my NYE/30th Birthday party outfit!  I decided to combine the party since having my birthday 2 days before christmas royally sucks balls and everyone is busy or broke on my actual birthday.

My fabulous friends who came were amazing and we had a brilliant time!  Debz, who is an amazing chef/baker, made my birthday cake.  Fresh, made from scratch with actual lemon zest in it, lemon cake with homemade boysenberry filling and cream cheese frosting.  Could you just die?  To top it off my mom gave me this adorable candelabra as a topper.  We had delicious foods, cake and lots of booze.  A perfect way to ring in the new year and celebrate my 30th year on this giant rock.

Now onto the outfit.  I was stressing over my outfit for quite a while.  Finally it came down to it had to be a dress or skirt because I wanted to break in my teal tights from OneStopPlus as well as my  black lace button down shirt also from OneStopPlus.  The tights were excellent as expected.  I have them in wine, cream, grape and navy as well and I am thrilled that they fit me at my current size (32).  But the lace shirt was a hit or miss for me.  When I bought it I didn't know if it would work.  Would the lace be stretchy enough? Would it fit in the shoulders?  Problems I face with button down shirts most of the time.    Fortunately it was big enough and fit well.  It's a bit short in length but I was going to pair it with a high waist skirt and belt so it didn't matter much.   For accessories I had a thrifted teal necklace and a DIY double finger ring I made myself.  The finishing touch for todays photos in that outfit was my new eyeshadow to match my tights and necklace and my recently ebay purse purchase.

OOTN Details:

Shirt- OneStopPlus
Skirt- Chubby Cartwheels
Tights- OneStopPlus
Shoes- Payless
Purse- Ebay
Necklace- Thrifted
Ring- I made
Eyeshadow- "Edgy Emerald" by Maybelline's Color Tattoo collection.









2 comments:

  1. you look absolutely gorgeous. I might have to go check for that lace button own shirt now. It really does look so beautiful on you, especially with the coloured tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous and I have serious hair envy! I love the whole outfit x

    ReplyDelete