March 31, 2012

Adding To My Curvy Closet

Today I went to Curvy Chic Closet in Aloha Oregon.  Through the awesome power of social networking I found out about this great event via Facebook and I am so glad I did!  It was held at a church and was packed full of clothing, shoes and purses from all different decades in all different sizes.  It was also a consignment sale so people were able to sell their clothes for cash!  I managed to find a vintage print blouse for $4.00, a semi-sheer white blouse for $5.00 and a grey and black infinity dress from SWAK for $10.50!  3 great finds and all for less than $20 dollars!

In he first pictures I am wearing my vintage print blouse paired with an a-line black knit skirt I made myself.  It's kind of a wardrobe staple for me.  I have about 3 different styles of black skirts to go with any occasion.  I wore a black bandeau top underneath the blouse and pulled it all together with my black and silver belt.

Outfit Details-
Blouse- Thrifted
Skirt- DIY
Bandeau- DIY
Belt- Thrifted
Shoes- Payless Shoes


This top actually is rather tight on me, I have a big bust and broad  shoulders, but I had to have it so I made it work in my wardrobe.  I think I want to be more daring with clothes.  If they don't fit exactly how they should I shouldn't dismiss them.  No one can actually tell that under this skirt the top is unbuttoned and holding on for dear life.  All that really matters is I love it and I think it looks fabulous on me!

In this next outfit I used the semi-sheer white blouse I bought at the sale and combine it with an old tank dress that was one of my first sewing projects from a few years back.   Once again all of the buttons wouldn't connect so I just tied the shirt off under the bust.

Outfit Details-
White Blouse- Thrifted
Green Tank Dress- DIY
Bull Horn Ring- Chubby Cartwheels
Necklace- Etsy (La Petit Lapin)




Big thanks to Curvy Chic Closet for the great deals.  Next time I'm going opening day.  More deals to find that way!



5 comments:

  1. Looking fab! I can never find anything when I rummage thrift sales! Just not cut out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your second skirt, and the closet event sounds like it would have been a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits! Looks like you found some great deals. (:

    - Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hair looks absolutely fabulous in these pics, and both outifts are gorgeous, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look great!! I'm going in August from Southern Oregon. Budget of $100. Even with $60 in gas still get more clothes than down here. Good job rocking it

    ReplyDelete