April 15, 2012

I Dream of Green

I found some fabulous fabric on sale at Joann's for $3.50 a yard.  It was bright green and reminded me of grass on a sunny spring day.  So what better project to use it in than for a new spring dress!  The best part was I used one of my favorite old shirts as a pattern/outline to make it.   See my old shirt is a bit worn with holes and I can't really wear it anymore but it has the best shape and cut on me so I used it, in a way, to  bring it back to life!  Pairing the dress with my red bow belt from Torrid and shoes to match, I felt the accessories should be simple so I added some nice gold chains.  Once the outfit was complete I really got a retro vibe from it all so I ratted my hair up like a teenage jezebel.








OOTD Details-
Dress- DIY (fabric from Joanns)
Belt- Torrid
Shoes- Payless
Necklace- DIY
Bracelet- DIY
Gold Spike Ring- Chubby Cartwheels




This is a picture of how I started my project.  I folded the fabric in half lengthwise so the salvages were touching.  I also folded my shirt in half length wise and placed it's fold along the fabric's.   Cutting 1/2 outside of the shirts boarder and extending it down 14 inches for the skirt portion.  I did this twice, once for the front and once for the back.  In total it took about 4 1/2 to 5 yards of fabric. 



Twitter: @ChubbCartwheels

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite outfits on you. And my my, your hair is looking *so* lovely.

    www.theglitterthread.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SELL DRESSES, WOMAN. JEEZE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! LOVE the dress..and the color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favourite so far, you look super splendid, the colour, the accessories and, well everything, just perfect.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress, and an awesome colour. So jealous of your hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything about this outfit and the woman in it! keep on rocking lady!<3

    ReplyDelete