October 03, 2012

Down at the Dollhouse

As a lot of you may know if you follow me on tumblr, twitter or facebook, I was fortunate enough to travel to LA this past weekend for the first ever Domino Dollhouse Pop Up Shop!  Tickets to fly were so cheap it only made sense to go.  I wanted to make sure I looked fabulous for the event as I knew it would be a great time to meet other bloggers and network.  What I didn't even think about was the LA weather.  Portland spoils me in this regard.  I assumed that since it was almost October I would be safe wearing 3/4 length sleeve royal blue VELVET bodysuit.  Boy was I ever wrong.  HOT HOT HOT!   But I didn't let that stop or even ruin the day.  Sweaty and red faced I still mingled and  met so many amazing women!  Tracy, owner of Domino Dollhouse, had the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence there collecting for a charity raffle drawing, Natalie from Ninja Betty and the Nunchix DJing, a fantastic and free photo booth, cupcakes, boozy punch, Vanessa Leigh of SweetLeigh,  bloggers galore and so much more!  I managed to pick up a Classic Jean Vest in Black Demin as a vest in blue and white pinstripes! Here are the pictures from the glorious event and all the fabulous fat fashion that happened.

Also I want to give a huge shout out to the wonderful and beautiful Tiffany of On The Fatwalk & SKORCH Magazine for being the best host a lady could as for!  

OOTD-
Royal Blue Velvet Bodysuit- Chubby Cartwheels
Black Circle Skirt- DIY
Black Tights- OneStopPlus
Royal Blue Flats- Fat Fancy
Necklace- Department store in Paris
Belt- ReDress







Me and my love Keena!



Setting up for the event.  How amazing are those leggings?!


Shopping madness


Designer Ashley Neil Tipton 


Complimentary Eyelash Station


I've been lashed!


Tess Munster and I



Love this woman!  (Joy Nash)


The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence 


The woman behind it all!  Tracy of Domino Dollhouse


Kyla & Kenna


Natalie snagged a photo of herself on my cam without me knowing.  Best thing ever to find later!


Jenn Wilder Designer of Cult of California


Tiffany (SKORCH Magazine Editor & Chief) working the Domino Dollhouse event and looking amazing!



Photo booth amazingness!!


Much Love!
Shawna

Twitter: @ChubbCartwheels
Instagram- @ChubbyCartwheels



5 comments:

  1. looks so fun! i'm so jealous!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I formally apologize for the ridiculous SoCal weather. It has no idea that it's fall—it was a hundred degrees yesterday, but then again, I live in the desert, so I don't have much authority.
    Anyway.
    I absolutely love that bodysuit. The colour is gorgeous on you! The event looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like good fun! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl, those lashes were ROCKIN! :) You look great with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eyelashes are sexay! And I like your necklace. Is it made of clay?

    http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete