October 15, 2012

Fat Fashion Day- Portland *Picture Heavy*

Finally a great day occurred in Portland Oregon.  Two wonderful ladies put together a fat positive fashion day full of shopping, food and fashion.  We started the day out at co-organizer Coco's beautiful home for a meet and greet/brunch/clothing swap which was a raging success.  How can a day not start off amazing when you cleanse your closet and get free goodies while drinking champagne and eating bacon?  The answer is it can't.  That's just going to be a great day.

Our first destination was Fat Fancy!  The fantastic downtown fat fashion shop with retro styles, independent designers and one of a kind looks.  Shop owner Annie was there to greet us as we came in and took over.  I was so excited to find a perfect pair of royal blue flats to go with my outfit I was planning to wear to LA the following weekend for the Domino Dollhouse Pop Up Shop!  Score!  Those plus some great new sunglasses.

One to our next shop Savvy Plus!  Another great secondhand/consignment shop located on Hawthorne.  This shop caters to more modern clothing and style with a fantastic selection of jewelry up at the counter.  I was drooling over far too many items in that store and encouraging my friends to buy everything they tried on.

Our final destination for the day was visiting Bertha at her shop Size Queen!  A wonderful shop with all of her own fun and unique fashion.  She does custom sizing jobs and makes the most fabulous hologram hot pants you will ever see in you life!  She greeted us with champagne, discount coupons and sweets.  So clearly this was the best way to end a great day!  I ended up buying a yellow faux snake skin belt.  I FINALLY have a yellow belt so I can die happy now.

All in all we had an amazing time out today.  I made many friends and absolutely cannot wait for the next event!  I have a feeling it will be even bigger and better.

I also want to thank James Collier and Rachele for taking so many fabulous photos for us and letting me use some here!

OOTD-
Sheer Mint Green Bodysuit- Chubby Cartwheels
Stripe Skirt- DIY
Belt- Clothing Swap
Black Flats- Payless Shoes



Look at all of the sexiness.  





4 Fat Redheads.  That's the name of our new band.


Brunch!


Miss Coco!  Co creator of Fat Fashion Day.  She also makes the best eggs ever.  Like ever.


I have the prettiest friends


She's the best model


Fat fancy!


Rachele of The Nearsighted Owl!


My favorite picture of the day.


The looks we got when taking these pictures were priceless.  








Size Queen!


The wonderful and amazing Bertha



Hot pants!!


End of a great day!

Much Love!
Shawna

Twitter: @ChubbCartwheels
Instagram- @ChubbyCartwheels





4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this looks like so much fun. I need to go to Portland for the clothing alone!! I just love your outfit too!!

    bisous,
    www.bighipsredlips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Nothing like that ever happens in Washington. :\

    ReplyDelete