November 10, 2012

My Dollhouse & Dots

The minute I made my crop black denim vest from Domino Dollhouse mine I couldn't wait to do an OOTD post including it.  It's hip, fashionable and will literally go with most anything I own.  For this outfit I paired the vest with a mint green velvet bandeau top, a black high waisted pencil skirt and two-tone  black and white polka dot leggings.  This outfit is probably not something I would wear to Safeway to pick up the groceries but more of a night out with my girlfriends and each of these pieces can be paired with most anything else to create completely different looks.  Also I have to give my VBL(visible belly line) a shout out.  It sometimes take a long time to get used to letting something show that we are constantly told we need to hide, smooth out and be ashamed of.   That is not me and I hope more of you will feel confident in showing yours off as well.  We are beautiful and should never let anyone tell us otherwise!

OOTD Details-
Black Crop Denim Vest- Domino Dollhouse
Mint Green Bandeau- Chubby Cartwheels
Black Pencil Skirt- DIY
Two-Tone Leggings- Chubby Cartwheels
Converse- Journey's
Pins- Domino Dollhouse & Chubby Cartwheels
Broach- Thrifted











Much Love!
Shawna

Twitter: @ChubbCartwheels
Instagram- @ChubbyCartwheels


9 comments:

  1. Does that pin say "big gay hottie"? Cause that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It says Big Body Hottie. Though since you are the second person to ask me that I might need to get my friend to design one that intentionally says that. :)

      Delete
  2. I really, really love the polka-dot leggings! And I would so wear something like this everywhere. What's the fun of dressing up if you can't do it for WalMart? Haha.
    I wish I could just get over my VBO, but I still have so much trouble with my body image, especially as it pertains to my belly. One day, though. Hopefully.
    Anyway, long story short: you and your outfit are both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get where you're coming from with the VBL, but that top and skirt together look fab on you! Have you ever thought about combining them into a dress? It's a really flattering look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome outfit! I love the combination of mint, black, and polka dots. Also, hell yeah VBL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I love your hair! how do you get it so red?! It's lusssshhhh. Loving the jacket too!

    J x

    http://passivepumpkin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawna, you look freakin' amazing and I am so in love with this outfit!!! Wear that VBL proudly because pencil skirts look so amazing on fat chicks!!!

    bisous,
    www.bighipsredlips.com

    ReplyDelete