November 01, 2012

DIY Halloween

Seeing that I have long bright red hair and I hate wearing wigs, my halloween costume options were a bit on the limited side.  The main characters I could think of were Jessica Rabbit, Poison Ivy, Pippy Longstocking and Ariel from the Little Mermaid.   To be honest the main deciding factor was when I was at Joanns and I came across this amazing metallic green stretch fish scale fabric.  It was honestly meant to be.  I wasn't sure if what I was going to be able to make.  Do I make a skirt and just say I'm Ariel or do I go Cher from Mermaids and create a tail-like bottom piece?  After talking with my friend Crystal and she was bouncing ideas around about her costume she suggested we be hipster Disney Princesses.  They are all over Tumblr, we both wear "hipster" type glasses anyway so why not wear something comfortable and have it be our costume as well.  So we convinced several other friends to go along and in all we had Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella and Bell.

I made a video update for this one.  Some things I need to work on for videos: 1. Stop saying UMM 2. Look at the camera 3. Make sure I have better lighting.   But yeah check it out! :)


















Much Love!
Shawna

Twitter: @ChubbCartwheels
Instagram- @ChubbyCartwheels

8 comments:

  1. That scale fabric is amazing! Princesses rule.

    I went to my friends' evening wedding reception on Friday, which was Halloween themed. I went as a modern day Morticia and my hubby went as the Grim Reaper. I had a silver and black wig, a high waisted black skirt, a long sleeved black top which showed off my boobs, a black leather Obi belt from ASOS and I had black and white face paint on my face and chest to make me look like the sexy dead. It was fun. I'll be doing more scary make up for fun at some time before Halloween is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard. This is the best costume idea ever! I do love those disney hipster princesses and you guys look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha the hipster princesses, too classic! I seriously love that stretchy fish scale fabric! ahhmayzinngg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signs are hilarious! I love the Ariel and Snow White costumes the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog!
    I am your newest follower, follow back?
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! Thank you sweetie!

      Delete